Tokai Optical Australia general manager Mr Justin Chiang and Opticare director Mr Michael Nasser are among four new appointments to the Optical Dispensers Australia (ODA) Advisory Board.
They have joined Ms Jessica Kingsley – a trained optometrist who is now a technical sales and product application specialist at ZEISS Vision Care ANZ – and Will Street Eyecare (Bendigo, Victoria) optical dispenser-practice manager Ms Sarah Thompson.
ODA CEO Ms April Petrusma said the new appointments came after the terms of founding advisory board members ended.
“We are beyond grateful for the time and efforts invested by our retired board members. Each of them played an integral role in cementing our place in the industry and contributed to the nation-wide growth we have seen since launching two years ago,” she said.
“Our new additions bring a variety of perspectives and expertise to the board, offering a diverse range of ideas and specialised knowledge. We are excited about how this will contribute to ODA’s mission in supporting optical dispensers and providing continuing professional development opportunities.”
The newly-appointed quartet round out a 10-strong ODA Advisory Board that also comprises:
- Australasian College of Optical Dispensers (ACOD) directors and senior trainers Mr James Gibbins and Mr Chedy Kalach
- Experienced optical dispenser and business owner Mr Wayne Puxty
- Specsavers Baldivis dispensing partner Ms Linden Sawyers
- Former International Opticians Association president and Vision West owner Mr Paul Clarke
- Ms Gladys Mak who has local and international industry experience and is one of the optical dispensing workshop instructors for Doctor of Optometry at University of Western Australia.
More information about the ODA Advisory Board can be found here.