Show & Tell

JulEYE aims to stop preventable blindness

Now into its 10th year, JulEYE raises money for national not-for-profit organisation The Eye Surgeons Foundation in order to fund medical research, education and training. It also aims to provide sustainable development for indigenous communities in Australia and across the Asia Pacific region.Since 2002 the foundation has supported more than 200 eye research projects, and raised more than $21.4 million for vision initiatives. This year it hopes to fund five new promising research projects, with the aim creating a future where no one is needlessly blind.“The reality is that 75% of Australians who are vision impaired don’t need to be. The other 25% need cures – and the money raised will be spent on research focused on finding new answers and developing new treatments,” foundation CEO Ms Lisa Cheng said.“It is only through continued community support and fundraising that eye surgeons and scientists can continue their world-class research to develop pioneering treatments and cures for often debilitating eye diseases.”The campaign is also support by long-time JulEYE Ambassador and former INXS band mber Kirk Pengilly, who nearly lost his sight to glaucoma when he was just 27.“Had it not been for the pioneering eye research and surgery that saved my sight, my life would have been very different. That’s why I support JulEYE and the vital funding it provides to develop life-changing treatments and cures for eye disease,” he said.More information on the campaign and links to donate can be found at and

© All Rights Reserved. All content published on this site is the property of Prime Creative Media. Unauthorised reproduction is prohibited