Cationorm (cationic nanoemulsion) is a preservative-free, hydrating and lubricating emulsion which protects the eye surface, reducing the discomfort and irritation of persistent dry eye caused by prolonged use of contact lenses, or environmental conditions.1
The therapy’s triple action repairs the lipid layer to reduce evaporation, lubricate and stabilise the tear film; restores the balance of moisture in the muco-aqueous layer of the tear film; and is positively attracted to the ocular surface, to provide long-lasting protection.2-5
Cationorm is suitable for use with contact lenses, and is conveniently delivered via a preservative free, multi-dose bottle, or single dose ampoules.6
It can be administered as one drop, up to four times daily in the affected eye(s).6
ALWAYS FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE. IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST, TALK TO YOUR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL.
To order Cationorm, contact Good Optical Services: 1800 814 963 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact Seqirus Medical Information: 1800 642 865 or email@example.com.
- Therapeutic Goods Administration. Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods – Public Summary Seqirus PTY LTD – Lubricant, eye. [cited 2021; Available from: https://www.ebs.tga.gov.au/servlet/xmlmillr6?dbid=ebs/PublicHTML/pdfStore.nsf&docid=406945E40B6D2CA4CA25843C0042145B&agid=(PrintDetailsPublic)&actionid=1.
- Lallemand, F., et al., Successfully improving ocular drug delivery using the cationic nanoemulsion, novasorb. J Drug Deliv, 2012. 2012: p. 604204.
- Daull, P., F. Lallemand, and J.S. Garrigue, Benefits of cetalkonium chloride cationic oil-in-water nanoemulsions for topical ophthalmic drug delivery. J Pharm Pharmacol, 2014. 66(4): p. 531-41.
- Amrane, M., et al., Ocular tolerability and efficacy of a cationic emulsion in patients with mild to moderate dry eye disease – a randomised comparative study. J Fr Ophtalmol, 2014. 37(8): p. 589-98.
- Robert, P.Y., et al., Efficacy and safety of a cationic emulsion in the treatment of moderate to severe dry eye disease: a randomized controlled study. Eur J Ophthalmol, 2016. 26(6): p. 546-555.
- Cationorm product package.