Over the three days, there were 1577 visits on the Friday, 2123 on Saturday and 1474 on Sunday.
Winners of Best Stand awards were:
– Best stand over 54 sqm (custom) – Winner: Eyes Right Optical
(Close contenders were Healy Optical, Safilo Australia and L’Amy).
– Best presented stand up to 54 sqm (custom/enhanced DBS): Winner: Eyres Optics.
– Best presented in Display Booth Syst (9 or 18 sqm). Winner: Holloway Eyewear
– Best presented Galleria Stand. Winner: Dolomites Vision
ODMA AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
All companies exhibiting in ODMA2011 were invited to submit products and services over a range of 12 categories with over 100 entries being received, all of extrely high quality.
The submissions were reviewed by an independent judging panel, chaired by ODMA executive director Finola Carey. The panel mbers were: Fiona Stapleton, Professor and Head of School at UNSW School of Optometry and Vision Science; David Wilson, former OTEN dispensing head teacher, and now education consultant at the International Centre for Eyecare Education, and adjunct senior lecturer at Vision CRC; independent practice owner and dispenser Darren Chun; and publisher of Eyetalk Margaret McCann.
The winners in each category were:
– OPTICAL FRAME OWP Metropolitan (Models 8005/8007) – Europtica Pty Ltd OGA (Model 67480 NM 000) – Eyes Right Optical Otto Kern (Model BETA Titanium Rimless) – Refractive Eyewear
WINNER: OGA (Model 67480 NM 000) – Eyes Right Optical
– SUNGLASSES Fritz (Model Churada) – Fritz Frames Lacoste (Model Lacoste L113S) – General Optical Renoma (Model RYAN 9530) – My Optics
WINNER: Fritz (Model Churada) – Fritz Frames
– CHILDREN’S FRAME Adidas (Model Ambition Youth SPX 297TM) – Mimo Pty Ltd JFrey Kid Collection (Model HONORINE 7580) – My Optics Leo & Lea – Refractive Eyewear
WINNER: Leo & Lea – Refractive Eyewear
– SPORT’S EYEWEAR Progear Eyeguard – Aviva Optical Julbo (Model Pipeline) – Mont Adventure Equipment Bollé Sunglasses (Model Bollé Marine Collection) – Bollé
WINNER: Bollé Sunglasses (Model Bollé Marine Collection) – Bollé
– LENS DESIGN Impression Eyelt – Rodenstock Individual FrameFit – Carl Zeiss Varilux Physio 360 New Edition – Essilor
WINNER: Varilux Physio 360 New Edition – Essilor
– LENS COATING Category Solitaire Protect Plus – Rodenstock Shamir Glacier Plus – Shamir Australia PhotoFusion – Carl Zeiss
WINNER: Shamir Glacier Plus – Shamir Australia
– CONTACT LENSES Blink Intensive Tears – Abbot Medical Optics Biofinity Toric – CooperVision 1 Day Acuvue Tru Eye – Johnson & Johnson Vision Care
WINNER: Biofinity Toric – CooperVision
– OPTICAL INSTRUMENTS Nidek OPD III – Designs For Vision Optos 200DxRetinal Imager – Optos Australia Apollo Eyecheck – Designs For Vision
WINNER: Apollo Eyecheck – Designs For Vision
– ACCESSORIES Zeiss Lens Cleaning Wipes – Carl Zeiss Face à Face ID Acetate Necklace – Eyes Right Optical iMags – Optica Life Accessories
WINNER: iMags – Optica Life Accessories
– WORKSHOP TOOLS & EQUIPMENT Snap-off Screw – Aviva Optical
– PRODUCT ENVIRONMENT (POS/RETAIL) JFrey Kids and Teens POS Kit – My Optics ProDesign Shop In Shop Unit – Eyes Right Optical Forum Archive & Web Viewer – Carl Zeiss
WINNER: ProDesign Shop In Shop Unit – Eyes Right Optical
– GREEN ENVIRONMENT AWARD: Queens Eyewear – NARCS BIOPTIXX WOW612 – Eyres Optics EV3TM Lens Clean Solution – Optica Life Accessories
WINNER: Queens/NARCS – Holloway Eyewear
WINNER LOYALTY GUEST PROMOTION
In a new initiative, ODMA has recognised visitors who have continuously supported the event by allocating th special ‘Loyalty Guest’ status. Loyalty Guests were issued with a gold-coloured lapel pin showing the ODMA logo and many of th proudly wore the pins throughout their visit to the event. One lucky ‘Loyalty Guest’ was selected from all those who attended ODMA2011 on any of the three days to win a $1,000 voucher from David Jones.
Ms Carol Chivers from Chivers Vision Health in Sydney won that prize.
Carol Chivers and Finola Carey